Lost Random Chatter

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

 

the same place..

i sit here... shivers racking my body.. i try to hug the laptop closer - but it seems to be failing me- just this once..

stubbornly, i hit the little green button on the left of my cell phone..... a series of rings- stop at 11 and a half...
again and again and again and again.. many times.
no voice at the other end......

i feel betrayed...

like the time they had promised to sit at the back of the class, just for me to know that I had not been abandoned amongst strangers. They left- and when i turned back with a smile to say that I was happy, there was nobody there...

I understood then, that I had lost something. And with all the spite and outrage i could muster- i said that they needn't accompany me anymore.... and i didn't let them..

Back at the same place....

Just that I have tried to lose my fierce need for independence on the way..
And I stubbornly believe..

A lullaby awaits - the magic eleven point five..

Curl around and drift on dreams of earthquakes, and wake up with the guilt of not having raised the alarm, and the memory of a winding road that takes me to a gouged hill, drowning in muddy water..

Comments:
wasnt there a post here that disappeared?
 
url around and drift on dreams of earthquakes

verdant, beautiful
 
Hey - haven't been here in some time.

Read a series of beautiful posts - quite apart from the evocativeness and sensitivity that you have - I am moved by your candor.
 
fingeek- am not sure..

tim- thank you.

gati- missed you, welcome back - and thank you. I try.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   January 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?