Lost Random Chatter

Sunday, August 21, 2005

 

A certain sort of someone..

it takes a certain something...

Step, twirl, feint, faint...
Freeze..

Sob.

Gentle persuasion... I draw it forth, and twist it into a coiled writhing mass- till it hisses at you, a serpent of your own making.

Hah.. a shadow of a smile. Did you catch it?

Sulk.
I turn around and walk away- quick short steps..

One honest question, whispered.
Perfect timing- just before I am out of earshot.
The walk back? Quiet, purposeful.

Eyes locked, we lapse into a synchronised fluid motion.. mirroring each other, attentive in turns, breathing concern...

Slash.
How dare you? That wasn't rehearsed.

Fine. I can play it.
Step- sidestep.

I tire quickly. You knew I would.
I cede ground, grudgingly, reluctantly.

An elegant riposte.
Articulate. Unabashed.
You listen.

Inspite of myself, quick shallow breaths.
Pause.
Please?
"No. I know, but no."

And then ever so naturally, my head on your shoulder.
You lead.
And it seems to be me.

It takes a certain sort of someone, to dance with me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   January 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?