Lost Random Chatter

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

 

Malingering!

But throat seems to be acting up on cue...

Feeling slightly concerned about my assassin bugs- their water reservoirs- crumpled bits of toilet paper soaked in water- need to be replenished.
Besides it would be interesting to know how many more have died- let's see at what reduced number I give into the depression that has been threatening ever since 90% of the second shipment died in transit.

Woke up this morning with greater than usual levels of inertia...and absolute suspension of my decision-making capacities (which are, as is, not in the pink of health)...
Called up a friend...

"Hey Stu- can you do me a favour?"
" Ya sure.."
"K- Switch on the lights for my bugs, the fob key is in my locker.."
" The room lights or is there a separate lamp?"
" Room- two switches by the door."
" Aren't you coming in to the department today?"
" I dunno - I feel strange....."
" As in?"
" The season's changing - it is going to be autumn.."
" Umm.. within you or outside?" - skeptically and yet forgivingly..
" Outside - can't u feel it in the wind.... and it is making me feel strange..What should I do?"
"Umm.. go in for a shower- eat sumthing - come to the department!"
" Should I carry my laptop?"
" Why do u need it ?"
" I need to write an intro, and I want to type it out on my laptop...."
"Fine, carry it then.."
"But, it is tooo heavy!"- dramatically!
"Well lots of people carry their laptops around- so can you.."
Having nothing to say in the face of that, "Ya true... Thanks- see you later then!"

But am still in my room- closed the window to ward off the autumn...
Wondering how a missed deadline and a self-granted day off are going to affect one of the fragile supervisor-student relationships that academia thrives on..

Comments:
i relate to all of this.. the inertia, and especially that last line. hadnt realised you were a grad student...
 
fingee-k yes- an MSc it is, getting done this sept and I can't make up my mind whether that's too soon, or just in the nick of time!

Satya- the prob is that I have been blessed unlucky to get a 'nice' supervisor - now i can never stop worrying how dreadful life could be if he ceases being nice...
(K- actually i don't really worry that much. And I am good now - thank you!)
 
aint it cool to have a frnd like that? asking the Qs u want asked and telling u stuff u want heard?
 
a good friend yes.. stuff i wanted to hear- nope!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   January 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?