Lost Random Chatter

Monday, July 25, 2005

 

living up to the name of my blog..

Monday morning... I peek out of the window- fat raindrops gracing the glass..

Hunger curling into spirals... eyes tired from a nightful of dreams... senses suspended between the real and surreal..

Laundry-my personal demon- that hateful thing- all my internal struggles manifested in a growing pile of dirty clothes...
Each step of a mundane chore becomes an onerous dangerous task.... insurmountable even...

And I watch helplessly...
caught in me...

It is a heady mix - this monday morning..

Ravi Shankar's Chants of India threatening to kidnap me-
some scene from the Ramayana- orange robes, Sita , the twins and a white horse....
or, just the familiar form of a Sitar- long clear lines, regular intervals imposed upon them by the frets, taut strings at the edge of snapping..........and pain that can prompt music...

An acute sense of the day ahead- rare enough for me to notice it...
Far from the disappointment that comes from having a week just drift past..

...... This state of suspension, fingers poised to strike as thoughts jostle each other, fighting for a place in the stream of consciousness..

The fight continues...

And I have a strategy...

Colour by colour, destroy that pile- if they were me , this would be a premonition of things to come...
And so what if it's simply changing the configuration of a few clothes lying pell-mell on a carpet..

It is control- and some sort of control over a personal demon is no mean feat... it has to be pondered upon, talked about, dissected and abandoned before it can be executed....

"Oh for fuck's sake-
Stop procrastinating - you- you child- and get on with it.......bloody clothes- takes hardly a minute.. and get on with the day....
it is a long week ahead...
and the weekend wasn't much help now, or was it?"

Comments:
Someone said the other day she found doing the laundry relaxing.. when i commented that i find it stressful, overwhelming to the point of inactivity, even, the response was "Finding laundry relaxing is a girl thing".
Apparently not.
 
heh..
probably more of a non-procrastinator thing..
i still haven't done it! *sigh*
 
"all my internal struggles manifested in a growing pile of dirty clothes..."

hhaha...somebody stop me from spilling my guts...ROTFL
 
:>
And i curse you- piles and piles of laundry coming ur way!
*manic laughter*
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   January 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?