Lost Random Chatter

Sunday, July 03, 2005

 

Blog burn-out..

Don't know what I am going to write- but there is this sense of urgency- as if I some important point would evade me if I didn't write anything at all..

Don't want to turn this into an update; have nothing profound or/and complicated to say...

Yeah, life is moving on- a day at a time- a minute - yes, a second at a time...

and I have no sense of time at all...

My friend P tells me that it could be "time inconsisteny"... i prioritise short term gains over long term ones and my long-term gains are therefore usually suboptimal...
And even worse, i prioritise ready utilities over effort which could generate more utilities...
- Am running out of economic jargon here- But- that was the essence of our discussion as I understood it...

....... I am very fond of P... and I'm beginning to get fond of economics...

And I suppose that everything is/ will be OK...

Comments:
maybe you just have a higher discount factor.. stuff in the future doesnt matter as much as the present. which, i think, is an eminently desirable way of thinking about life.
 
fingeek - its just the other way round.
 
true. a rather embarassing mistake. (should have been lower discount factor). but hopefully the point was communicated.
 
.... this post seems like it happened a long time ago..
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   January 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?